I’ve entered the virtual airwaves, thanks to SoundCloud. Listen to the sound sample of my poem “Trail is Open | Trail Work Ahead”:
I found the virtual way to my poem “Resident doll” in the IMPROV 2011 Anthology of Grass Roots Poets:
Amused to have been placed among the anti-real. Thanks go out to Katherine West of Green Fuse Community Press for a beautiful line of communications.
For a chill yet stirring evening of poetry and song, please join me at my featured reading on Saturday, November 12, 2011, from 7-9pm, at the Poetry & Prose Reading Series hosted by Jeanne Lupton at the Frank Bette Center for the Arts in Alameda, California.
Now Live on the Kearny Street Workshop blog! My dialogue with visual artist Cathy Lu:
I am slated to co-feature at the Lyrics and Dirges reading series at Pegasus bookstore in downtown Berkeley on Wednesday, November 16th, 2011. The reading begins at 7:30pm. My thanks to poet and curator MK Chavez for the invitation. Official announcement to come.
Honored to count myself among the literary and visual artists highlighted in Issue Three of Lantern Review:
I am submitting this first post (and enjoying a glass of Miés, an Eritrean wine made from fermented honey), to make myself publicly accountable to my goals as a fledgling poet who is attempting to integrate her function as a literary artist with community arts development and youth outreach.
Current activities in poetry:
– Preparing a first chapbook collection
– Applying for fellowships and MFA programs in poetry this fall and winter, 2011
– Connecting with and reading the works of my heroes and mentors, fellow poets and writers, literary world figures
– Connecting with the poetry community at-large through:
- participating in a group writing studio practice , formal and informal workshops and community education poetry classes
- Sunday Writing Studio, San Francisco Zen Center http://www.sfzc.org/cc/display.asp?catid=2,119&pageid=2418
- Workshop, Poetry Flash http://www.poetryflash.org/programs/?p=workshop
- Online Chapbook Workshop, Green Fuse Press http://www.greenfusepoeticarts.org/
- The Writer’s Studio, Stanford Continuing Studies https://continuingstudies.stanford.edu/courses/writersstudio.php
- performing at open-mics
- attending local readings